Monday, September 17, 2012

Things that bump and shift.

There was a time in my life that I would have scoffed at mermaid band aids. As I get older  function trumps form and my main concern is getting me back out there......and to stop the bleeding of course.
Yes I pulled a dumb ass move, I had my superman cape on and thought(or perhaps I didn't think) that I could hold a piece of sharp metal steady while I tried to loosen a nut tightened with an impact wrench.


It ripped through my glove and sliced me open faster than I could say 'moron'.


Friday was a beautiful autumn day, Randy came over and we set to puttering. Randy was charged with the rear bumper. I had the bumper piece come back from the Rod Shop. They did a great job of reshaping the bumper for me. Not Perfect but we can work with it.








Randy put some of the levelling jacks to good use. It's pretty finicky work trying to get things "just so"


While Randy toiled away at the bumper. I put the finishing touches on the shifter.

After a few failed attempts at leaving the shifter in it's original position and trying to create a linkage. I decided to bite the bullet and move the whole assembly. Today was to finish that off.

(special thanks to Trevor, I forgot to give you the hot tub steps, but they come in handy right now...)


After it's all said and done, it really doesn't look like much, moved back about 11", but it makes a world of difference when you're in the drivers seat. The patches are glued into place with a metal strap underneath for support. I have a few more things to get at this week in preparation of Chris's visit next week. We really are close to extended movement.......what ever that means!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...