Thursday, August 13, 2015

MacGyver

When I was in high school there was a TV show on that I used to love called "MacGyver". Basically an action hero who got himself out of tight situations by creating things out of nothing....you know a helicopter made from shoe stings a package of sugar and a can of pinto beans. Granted, i will admit that in reality it was a stretch....who needs pinto beans to make a helicopter?
Seriously, the reason I loved it was the creativity. The thought of creating beautiful and functional "things" really tickled my fancy.

So when I see someone at work doing just that, it makes me envious. I want to learn, I wish I had the time and the means to just indulge my creative side to the degree that I would. Although I suppose in reflection that may not be the healthiest of choices.....I tend to go over the top on stuff....you know to the extreme, I mean I could have decided to restore a car....like a VW beetle.
Anyway, back to point. When I got these photos from George my thought was "damn! I wish I was there to do that!" You can see the test fit on his donor Clipper, and then the ever creative packing up of the precious cargo.
For those in Canada you will understand, shipping to Canada from the states can be a huge headache. It's not uncommon for you to find something you need, order it online for a reasonable amount with free shipping to the continental USA!....oh wait you want to ship to Canada????.....ohhh the shipping to there is.....hmmmm....double the value of the item itself!
But there is hope! Many years ago some entrepreneur that rand the hardware store (Mike) in Pembina ND found a little niche and created the Pembina Parcel pick up over 20 years ago. Now most of the bordering states have shipping/receiving depots. So I am having the ladder and rails shipped to The Montana Shipping Outlet and when it arrives we'll go on a road trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...