Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Good enough is not good enough.

Many times on this journey I have arrived at a point of progress that I have anticipated  and planned for, and therefor have the already purchased the materials to proceed. These are both exciting, and reflective times times. Exciting , as you may guess because I have come to a milestone moment that I had previously envisioned and that makes me feel good. I often wonder however if my previous enthusiasm is an example of tremendous forward thinking or simply a whole whack of ignorant prematurity.
As much as I would like to think that I have everything totally planned out to the materials level.....truth be known, the forward thinking is more conceptual which leads to material acquisition on more of a physical level than a measured cognitive level. None the less when it came time to install the air intake for the furnace, I already had lots of 3" PVC pipe and elbows as well as plenty of pretty colored PEX tubing!
Why I bring up the whole question of forward planning vs premature consumerism is that I was amazed that I actually had a 3"x3"x1.5" T adapter for the splice off the main lone for the outdoor shower! I must not be totally off my rocker!
a
None the less, the design is that the waterlines run within the air intake for the furnace thus decreasing the chance of waterlines freezing in cold temps! I used the path of least resistance design method.
 On the drivers side the pipe ran just where I wanted and the custom entrance into the living space worked well.
The path of least resistance however said the pipe had to come out at 90 degrees to the furnace...
  Resulting in the airline running slightly below the frame rails on the passenger side
Good enough...it will work...but it will also drive me crazy...I'm not OCD...just particular that's all.









So I took it all apart, cut the lines, made new junctions and repositioned it all. Although it did remove a week from my progress(I can only work on it a few hours a week)...just for the record[and to be fair] "a few hours" is up for interpretation.....to some in our house  4-6hrs/week falls into a category of more than a few hours...

All that aside , I still make time for the important things in life...like a GF Pecan Pie....OMG I died and went to heaven...and it's good that I went because if I keep eating this stuff I will die early and may end up there...hopefully...as long as St. Pete ignores the 16-20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...